Thursday 27 March 2014

TO YORK AND BEYOND

As some of you might already know, myself and my amazing fiancée currently live 180 miles apart. This has been due to our work locations. Our plan for after we get married has always been London, however, we recently found out that Tom's job won't allow him to leave Sheffield for another year. Adamant to not live apart for a second year, I began to look for jobs in the north, being equally as adamant (stubborn) to not leave the company I work for, and the fact there is only one of my position in each store has obviously made this a challenge. A couple of weeks ago my district manager got in contact to inform me that my position within the York store had become available. Obviously a perfect opportunity, so my friend Rosie and I went on a little road trip up to York last week so I could attend an interview. York is a stunning city and the store there reflects the surroundings, making me very excited at the prospect of working there.
 A couple of days ago I found out I was successful in my application to be the Visual Merchandising Manager, which I begin at the end of April!
So after a year away from Sheffield it looks like I couldn't stay away for quite as long as I had planned! We are both so unbelievably excited to not be making any more tedious journeys up and down the M1 every weekend! This does also mark my 22nd time of moving house in 26 years, I'm very much looking forward to the day I am no longer a gypsy. So let's just see how long Sheffield can hold me for this time....

Here are a few photos of our little trip to York.







No comments:

Post a Comment